Thursday, May 04, 2006

Gudjohnsen calm over Chelsea future

Icelandic international Eidur Gudjohnsen is calm over his Chelsea future despite reports linking him away from Stamford Bridge, reports Icelandic newspaper Morgunblaðið.

The talented striker has been the subject of speculation linking him away from Chelsea in the past weeks with the striker being the odd man out at Stamford Bridge, having been left out of the side for five matches running.

Gudjohnsen is adamant that he's not losing any sleep over the speculation.

“I am very calm about my situation. I am contracted to Chelsea until the summer 2008 and it is not a foregone conclusion that I will be leaving the club this summer,” said Gudjohnsen to Morgunblaðið.

Gudjohnsen played his first game for Chelsea for over a month against Blackburn Rovers last Tuesday evening and put on a decent performance. According to The Sun, he was the Blues' best player along with Lassana Diarra and Frank Lampard.

“I was satisfied with my performance on Tuesday but of course it showed at times that I hadn´t played for a while. I was unlucky not to score and felt extremely tired after the game,” concluded Gudjohnsen.

Chelsea take on Newcastle on the last day of the season on saturday.

Source: Morgunblaðið

1 Comments:

At 4/5/06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great player!
hope he stays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home