Thursday, May 04, 2006

Gunnarsson enjoying Hammarby stay

Icelandic U-21 international Gunnar Thor Gunnarsson has been in outstanding form for his new club Hammarby in Sweden since joining the Allsvenskan club in March.

The left-back was a rock in the Hammarby defence as the side secured a 2-0 win over fierce rivals AIK Stockholm last evening.

“I am happy, I can´t be anything else. It was a really fun derby game and its very nice to have got the three points. We didnt play our best in the first half but we had a good second-half and showed our strength.

“I was unhappy with my first-half performance but in the second-half I got better and it was fine for me,” said Gunnarsson to Swedish supporters website fantv.

“We kept them quiet for most of the match, they had maybe two chances in the whole match so I think we were tight at the back. The athmosphere at the ground tonight was great as always.

“Fortunetly I havent lost a game with Hammarby yet and hopefully I wont have to do so until after the break during the World Cup at least.

“It’s been great so far and Im very happy,” said Gunnarsson in Boyant mood.

Source: www.fantv.se

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home