Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hallfredsson takes Allsvenskan by storm

Malmö FF midfielder Emil Hallfredsson is being heralded in the Swedish media for his debut performance against Helsingborg in the Allsvenskan last Tuesday night, reports Fréttablaðið.

Hallfredsson who missed the start of the season due to a groin injury, started the match on the bench but entered the fray in the 68th minute when the score was 1-1.

The flamboyant midfielder made an immediate impact from the get-go, setting up two goals to earn Malmö FF a 3-1 victory.

“Yes, I had to make an impact in my first match,” said Hallfredsson who started full training only last week.

“I was on the left wing and the manager told me to do what I do best, the step-overs and turns and put in crosses for the forwards.

“The manager along with my teammates and the media seemed satisfied with my performance as I had to do a lot of interviews after the match,” said Hallfredsson who many thought overshadowed the one and only Jari Litmanen.

“Now that is a big compliment. He’s a legend in the game,” said the Icelandic international in a proud voice.

The Hafnarfjördur born midfielder is enjoying his loan spell in Sweden and has no regrets in leaving Tottenham.

“I played regulary for Malmö FF during pre-season and I am supposed to be one of the main players going forward, so it’s obvious that I will play alot more big games for Malmö FF than the Tottenham reserves,” said the 21-year-old.

Malmö FF take on Swedish champions Djurgarden tomorrow and there is a real anticipation amongst the Allsvenskan before the game.

“It will be a fun game and hopefully I get the chance to play tomorrow. I am thinking about putting the ball between the legs of Kári Árnason at least once,” concluded Hallfredsson.

Source: Fréttablaðið

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home