Monday, May 08, 2006

Kristinsson collects Lokeren’s player of the year gong

Former Icelandic international Rúnar Kristinsson was voted player of the year in Lokeren's annual player of the year awards last Friday night.

The 37-year-old midfielder enjoyed a fantastic season for Lokeren in which he scored six goals. Kristinsson is considering his footballing future but expects to play on for one more year.

“The Lokeren president has been really nice to me and it’s very easy to negotiate contract terms with him. We have reached a verbal agreement.

"If the age begins to take it’s toll at the beginning of next season and I start of badly, I have the option to quit. It’s a mutual arangement.

"I intend to play on for one more season at Lokeren. It’s a ninety percent certainity that I will retire from football after next season,” said Kristinsson who has enjoyed a remarkable career in domestic and international football.

Source: www.Fotbolti.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home